Scott Bateman on Challenging Your Thinking, Transforming Your Business, and Why There’s No Better Service
When it comes to creating a winning strategy, most agents will tell you that they either have the best people or the best service, but what does that mean? Especially when everyone is saying the same thing.
Scott Bateman of Kolmeo thinks there is no better service. He also argues that there is a time when companies should ignore their customers to deliver real innovation.
This is how Scott has built a highly successful career and become one of the industry’s most sought-after thought leaders in business growth and strategy.
Drawing on time at Harvard Business School, learning from case studies, and 20 years of leadership experience, Scott helps companies uncover opportunities, find marketing clarity, and define their true point. of difference.
In this Elevate podcast with Elite Agent Editor-in-Chief Smantha McLean, Scott offers insight into the groundbreaking business strategy sessions he will be hosting at Elite Retreat starting July 31.
Scott examines why companies will either be cost leaders or service leaders, but there is no better service.
It looks at when companies should stop asking their customers what they can do best and instead look to people who aren’t using their service to better understand the opportunities that remain untapped.
It also sheds light on trends inside and outside the industry that will shape the future and their impact on real estate operations in unexpected ways.
In the process, Scott examines some of the key challenges facing the industry today and how business leaders can combat the “big quit” by providing the right support and opportunities for their people.
In a podcast that’s all about getting to the heart of what your business does and where you want it to go, Scott also provides the key questions every business should be asking to change the rules of the game and create action. .
“The problem is this: if you ask people what they want, they’ll inevitably tell you something that’s a few percent better than what they’re getting right now. The catch with this is that it forces a situation where companies are gradually improving something, where they are more and more alike and building the same thing.
The best companies don’t ask themselves this question. Often they don’t tell existing users about a thing. They are for people who don’t use it or don’t like the way things are done. And they will learn from it. –Scott Bateman
Scott and Samantha also discuss:
- Current trends emerging in the industry and how leaders can define and use them to create a better business while improving the experience of their people.
- How to mitigate the mass exodus from property management and why staff members need four key things from any employer.
- Why case studies are a great way to uncover opportunities in a business and how you can use them to implement a clear and actionable business strategy.
- How to define your point of difference as a cost leader or service leader and why it matters to your customer.
- Why the term “best service” is a false truism and often leads companies to create complex steps, extra tasks and unnecessary layers.
- What business leaders can learn from IKEA and the non-alcoholic beer movement when it comes to looking at business opportunities differently.
- When a company should ignore its customer to create real innovation, and who it should turn to instead.
- Why “different” and “better” are two very separate things, and how knowing which one you provide creates clarity for your business.
- How to choose the most important things to focus on in a business, including the key questions you should ask.
- What Scott will offer at Elite Retreat from July 31 to August 3, and how he will provide attendees with clear strategies they can immediately implement in their business.
And much more
Scott Bateman will be among the experts attending the upcoming Elite Retreat on July 31, where he will discuss key trends impacting the industry and use real-world case studies to help attendees uncover opportunities and create a winning strategy for their business.
You can read more about Elite Retreat and the list of speakers and experts here.
Links and resources mentioned
Scott on Elite Agent
Connect with Scott