MTG continues to run a troubling far-right Facebook group – Peach Pundit
Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene continues to be the “administrator and moderator” of a far-right Facebook group known for posting content minimizing the Holocaust. Besides, Greene brags about his role with the band in his official biography of Housewhere she goes far beyond describing herself as just an “administrator” or “moderator”, but rather as the “national director” of the group, Family America Project.
The group, Family America Project, which does not appear to be registered as a nonprofit or even incorporated as an organized entity such as an LLC or corporation, also has a knack for aligning itself with Vladimir Putin on issues relating to Ukraine.
It should be noted that while the group took this position and Greene blamed Ukraine for the war, former President Trump has, to his credit, called what is happening in Ukraine “genocide.”
Here are some of the Holocaust-minimizing posts on the page:
1) This post from just a few months ago suggests a parallel between anti-religious measures in Nazi-controlled territory and current US policy.
2) This post from last year discusses supposed “parallels between what happened in Nazi Germany and what is happening in our society today”.
3) This post as of 2020, links to a now-deleted YouTube video and compares the World Health Organization and the medical profession to the Nazis.
4) This post as of 2019 accuses California of pursuing “forced internment”, a policy pursued by the Nazis.
5) This post as of 2018 refers to a man named “Robert ‘Naui’ Hernandez” as “NAZI Huitzilopochtli” and asserts that “the Brown Supremacy movement, which includes the founders of Chicano Park, is a NAZI movement”. He also refers to “those brown supremacists talking[ing] to round up white people and put them in camps to “re-educate” them.
Here are some of the posts echoing Putin’s regime talking points surrounding the war, or taking an anti-Ukrainian tone.
1) This post echoes Russian talking points about Ukrainians being Nazis and that the Ukrainian regime is as or nearly as flawed as Putin’s.
2) This post echoes the Russian talking point that much of what Americans see of the war in Ukraine is “false” due to misrepresentation of footage actually from Lebanon as coming from Ukraine by obscure and non-mainstream media .
3) This post redirects to notorious interview with Lara Logan in which she doubted that Russia’s invasion of Ukraine would go badly for Vladimir Putin (despite plenty of evidence to the contrary), tied Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, a Jew and former comedian, to the occult, and left hear that the Nazis had taken over the Ukrainian army. .
Greene was called early 2021 to moderate this Facebook group. It appears that since this article was published, Greene has resumed her job as the band’s “national manager,” given the contents of her official House biography. The article noted that the group had previously been arrested posting “memes promoting the slogan”.Rope Day‘ – a reference to the mass hangings of “race traitors” fantasized in the white supremacist novel, Turner’s Diaries.”
In June 2021, Greene apologized for comparing things that weren’t the Holocaust to the Holocaust. However, as her house biography and the “Admins and Moderators” detail on the Family America Project’s Facebook page make clear, that hasn’t stopped her from bragging about her association with a group that continues to engage. to inappropriate and offensive comparisons of the Holocaust that downplay the Holocaust and other horrific acts committed by the Nazis.
It also hasn’t stopped her from associating with a group that obviously aligns itself much more with Vladimir Putin than with Ukrainian freedom fighters, despite the fact that, as noted, former President Trump has said that what Putin’s forces are doing in Ukraine constitutes “genocide”.