Job: Head of Organizational Development and HRIS Management at Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group)
- The Organizational Development (OD) and HRIS Management Officer will provide ongoing support to the Team Leader in the development, implementation and management of OD strategy, practice, program and initiatives for Nigerian Exchange Limited.
- The individual serves as the technical point of contact for assigned functional areas by ensuring HRIS data integrity, testing system changes, writing reports and analyzing data streams for process improvement opportunities .
- Liaise with technology team to perform HRIS upgrades, patches, testing and other HR technical projects as required.
- The OD/HRIS Officer will assist the Team Leader in designing and implementing Nigerian Exchange’s organizational development strategies and change management in support of the organization’s strategic and operational plans, providing information, advice and services as needed.
- Work with teams across the organization, and in particular with stakeholders within the human resources function, to support continuous organizational performance improvement programs, which will help NGX Exchange realize its desire to become a high performing organization.
- The primary focus of this role will be to support the Team Leader in developing and maintaining an integrated organizational development framework and strategy that aligns with The Nigerian Exchange’s overall people-centric plan, incorporating:
- Development and performance management
- Learning and development (advice on delivery tools such as e-learning)
- Leadership and management development
- Individual development programs
- Succession planning/career planning
- talent management
- Reward and Recognition Framework
- The OD/HRIS officer’s area of responsibility will include organizational development strategy, performance management, succession planning, human resource information system (HRIS) management, development/improvement HR operational processes, organizational development, change strategy, OD research/policy development, job design/assessment, HR analytics, career management/planning, OD standard operating procedures, OD/HRIS budgets and management OD risks.
- This position reports to the Team Leader, OD/HRIS Management.
- Assist the team leader in developing and designing the OD strategy and related projects, such as job descriptions, organizational improvement, resource optimization, task design/evaluation/pricing, OD management/ change and compensation analyses.
- Actively support the design and implementation of OD and change management strategies, processes and interventions that support NGX Exchange’s desire to be a high performing organization.
- Participate in organizational planning efforts, including creating organizational charts, reviewing roles and responsibilities, and job descriptions.
- Contribute to research, analysis and insights for the development of Nigerian Exchange’s HR strategy to ensure that organizational development initiatives are properly integrated and aligned with strategic and business objectives.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the employee performance management policy, facilitate and build awareness by providing training and ongoing support to all levels of staff on the performance management process and systems .
- Ensure employees comply with all performance management processes (annual performance review process, goal setting, probationary reviews, employee development planning).
- Assist in the implementation of the 360 degree performance feedback process.
- Support stakeholders on key performance indicators (metrics/measurements) of progress towards strategically aligned goals (i.e. productivity, efficiency, mitigated risk, employee retention, employee engagement, leadership enhancement, improvement talent pool/reserve force, etc.).
Career Management / Succession Planning:
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of career development and succession planning strategy and framework and link career development strategy to business strategy and HR strategy.
- Collaborate with the learning and development team to develop training plans, identify training opportunities for employee development and oversee the development of processes, programs and criteria for identifying high potential employees .
- In close collaboration with the TM team, oversee the development and implementation of a succession planning framework for NGX Exchange.
Development/Improvement/Analysis of HR business processes:
- Assist in the development and implementation of the assessment framework across all OD initiatives, monitoring quality to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide support in translating HR related business requirements for a specific value stream into standardized business process designs and ongoing management of business processes across the department.
- Assist in the analysis of statistical data and reports to identify and determine the causes of personnel issues and develop recommendations for the improvement of the organization’s personnel policies and practices.
Research / Development of policies and standard operating procedures:
- Assist in the development, update and documentation of all OD-related policies and practices to develop and promote the adoption within the organization of HR best practices.
- Update all OD-related standard operating procedure (SOP) documents as required.
- Enter, validate and verify data in internal tracking tools (such as Excel, HRIS, etc.) and create forms, templates and reports/dashboards for HR Analytics.
Position design / evaluation:
- Provide support in needs assessment and develop job analysis instruments and materials, and oversee the overall job assessment, classification and rating/grading process.
- Analyze job data, such as physical, mental, educational qualifications, job complexity, and training requirements of jobs and employees and develop written summaries, such as job descriptions, job specifications, and career changes. career.
- Collect, analyze and prepare job information to facilitate the personnel, administrative and management functions of the organization, as well as consult with management to determine the type, scope and purpose of jobs.
Management of the human resources information system:
- Ensure the accuracy of employee information on human resources information systems (HRIS).
- Monitor changes to existing programs to collect and report data as needed.
- Support data management and HRIS integrity.
- Analyze data streams for process improvement opportunities.
- Provide support to end users: managers, employees and HR team.
- Test, document and implement new HRIS software update procedures and processes.
- Detect, troubleshoot and resolve data issues.
To successfully achieve the above objectives, the right candidate must have:
- HND / Bachelor’s degree in social management science disciplines, preferably in human resource management.
- An OD qualification, or equivalent professional knowledge acquired through appropriate experience working as an OD specialist or as an HR generalist with an OD accent; membership of a professional body – CIPM, CIPD, PMI, SHRM, etc. is an advantage
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience after NYSC.
- Basic experience and exposure to organizational structure design, project planning and process mapping tools such as Visio, Excel, MS Project, Smart Arts, etc. are an additional advantage.
- Basic knowledge of the global HR function.
- Basic knowledge of organizational development, particularly around change management and organizational culture development.
- Basic experience and commitment to continuous organizational improvement and ability to act as a change agent.
- Exposure to the functionalities of the HRIS software; a very strong plus.
- Operational experience in HR: HR analytics, recruitment, training, performance management systems, employee relations, internal consulting, etc., and knowledge of HR laws; HR dashboard – graphical representation and interpretation of information.
- Experience in research, analysis, collection/collation, interpretation and presentation of data; develop standard and ad-hoc reports, templates, dashboards, dashboards and metrics; interface and liaison with senior management, employees and other key stakeholders.
Desired skills and skill requirements:
- Basic HR generalist knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of database design, structure, functions and general processes, and experience with database tools.
- A commitment to collaboration and a joint accountability approach.
- Average knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and automated HR systems.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic project management skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
- Open-minded with the ability to follow instructions and deliver quality results.
- Ability to handle ambiguity with sound judgment and problem solving skills.
- Very organized with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of Nigerian labor laws and other statutory laws.
Click here to apply